Sunday, July 18, 2010

Me the quilter?

even to me this seemed a bit unlikely. My mum's into quilting in a big way, even use to sell her quilts to shops when we were living in NZ but it's not something I thought I'd ever get into. That is until I stumbled across Penelope Waits lovely blog, this post is what got my inspired to start on my own pillow. So I took a trip up to see Mum and we went shopping for some material to get me started.

I was looking for bright colours so got these



and straight away got to cutting out the pieces, the cheats way

(i'm still on my L plates, so it's OK)




I know I haven't really got into it yet but so far I'm really enjoying it and am looking forward to getting stuck into it. I shall keep you posted on how I go. x

10 comments:

  1. Careful! Thats how i started! It is seriously addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey good on you! ive always wanted to get into quilting but ever found the inspiration to get me to start haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued. Please report back on your progress soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh that's so great you're doing this!
    my mum is a hell keen quilter, even owns her own patchwork store hahah i wish i had the skills and patience that she does hahah
    can't wait to see how you go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i want to see the finish product. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey! i've just looked at you blog and i love it! great pictures.

    please visit

    fuckthatfashionart.blogspot.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I'm new to the world of blogging and to be honest it sorta freaks my out, cant wait to see how this project turns out and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd much appreciate if you checked out my blog luminescentfantasy.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete